Monday 3 August 2015

Twilight Bath Bomb


When I visit Lush, I usually tend to lean towards buying their bubble bars, soaps or skincare products. I rarely pick up a bath bomb- in fact, I think the last time I bought one for myself was in the Christmas 2014 sale. But when I visited earlier this week I decided to try one that I hadn't used since 2012- Twilight bath ballistic.
Twilight is a pretty, lavender-scented bath bomb that is relaxing and ideal for bedtime, or anytime you want to wind down, really. It's not your typical floral lavender scent- it's more creamy and sweet, and has been described as being a malty, softer alternative. It's quite a girly scent, and I would imagine it being popular with all age groups,

The design of this Twilight is again, quite girly- being a large pale pink sphere with moon and star shapes moulded into the top. The design also encourages you to think that this is a ideal bath bomb for night time use, when you are trying to relax. It's one of Lush's biggest bath bombs, and I've seen people split it into half so they get more than one use, but for the purposes of the review I decided to use the whole bath bomb at once.

To use a bath bomb, just run your bath, and when it's ready, get in and drop your chosen bath ballistic in- then watch it fizz and release colours and nourishing essential oils. 

When you drop Twilight into the bath, it is quite a slow fizzer, first releasing a dusky pink foam to reveal the pale blue inner core of the bath bomb. When the blue fizzes, it releases a blue foam, which mixes with the pink to create a pretty bath mix of blue, pink and soft purple. There is also a little bit of glitter in this bath bomb, but it's not the sort to stick to your skin or the bath. As well as this, little nibs of what I assume is shea butter are released into the water, which helps it feel soft, though not as silky as I was hoping.

 Lush say that the colours of the bath are meant to remind you of the sky becoming darker, and that this will help you to feel soothed and relaxed. The bath from Twilight will not be as brightly coloured as results from some other bath bombs available, and doesn't contain tons of added extras such as paper (dragons egg bath bomb, sex bomb bath bomb) or seaweed (Big blue bath bomb), but for me this is ideal, as I am not keen on the products which leave the bath in a mess afterwards.

Afterwards, although the water had felt reasonably soft, I still had dry skin and had to top up with moisturiser from a massage bar.

Overall, for £3.35, although this bath bomb left me feeling relaxed and I enjoyed it, it's not up there with my favourites so it wouldn't be a regular purchase for me. However, I would recommend it to anyone who is stressed and wants to chill out, as it does work well for that and is a real classic from Lush that is popular among lots of people. A reasonable bath bomb from Lush.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment