Friday 26 June 2015

Aussie No Rush Body Wash


Aussie is a brand in the cosmetic world that is generally associated with hair products such as shampoos, conditioners, serums and sprays. Their mid-priced drugstore hair products, I think, are some of the best available in the price range, and ones which I would recommend to anyone who was seeking a luxurious hair product that wasn't too expensive. Due to what I assume is their high popularity, Aussie have branched out and started selling a range of new body washes, which have been advertised for the past couple of months now. I've just recently had the chance to try one out, after attempting to reduce my shower gel stash.

I had a quick look at the different kinds available, before deciding to pick up the 'No rush' variety, purely because it was described for 'Skin that is meant to be spoilt.' I find with a lot of shower gels that they can leave my skin dry, so I assumed this would be a moisturising product, and one that would suit me. There are three or four other varieties, so if you have a different skin type, you should be able to find something different that you prefer.

This comes in the 'iconic' Aussie bottle, which is very similar in size and look to the shampoo and conditioner bottles. Although I think it's great that the brand have used this style so it is instantly recognisable, I think it's a little too close in similarity, and would be easy to get mixed up with the shampoo bottle, if you had both in the shower. Personally, although there is no fault with the packaging, I would have picked a different style of bottle, maybe one with the cap on the bottom rather than the top.

The scent of this body wash isn't described at all on the bottle, which is a little different, but the description showcases that the 'star' ingredient of this is the Australian jojoba seed oil. Whether this means that the body wash is meant to smell of the North-American flower, I can't be sure about as I don't have any other cosmetics that claim to have this smell. The main scent I pick up is a heady, fresh, floral one, with a sweet background. It smells pretty strong in the bottle but is less overwhelming when you use it. The scent for me wasn't 

The body wash itself  looks quite dark, almost indigo in the bottle, but comes out as a pretty translucent lilac. The consistency is medium thickness when used, and it feels high quality and like something you would pay more for.  I have heard mixed reviews about the lathering for this one, but for me it lathered fine and after it was washed off, made my skin feel clean but not dry like it can do sometimes when I use soap or shower gel. However, although my skin didn't feel dry, it didn't feel particularly moisturised either and the dry skin I have still required a moisturiser. 


Overall, after all the hype that's been online and in magazines about this shower gel, I would say I liked it, but it wasn't a total favourite of mine. The price is also quite high for the amount of product you get, for what is a drugstore brand of  'everyday' body wash. I can see this being a popular choice for families, as it's essentially a run-of-the-mill shower gel with a nicer texture and scent than some of the cheaper brands, but for anyone expecting a particularly moisturising experience, I don't think this would be a number one choice.

I will continue using the one bottle I bought up, then I might try one of the others from the range to see if I can yield better results. Have you tried any of Aussie's body washes? Or maybe you have something else to recommend. Comment below :)


6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment