Monday 8 June 2015

Technic electric eyeshadow palette




Out of all the pieces of make-up I own, I probably have a bigger selection of eye shadows than of any other product. I love the prettiness of a new eyeshadow palette, so I tend to pick them up regularly when I see them at good prices. The Technic electric eyeshadow palette is one of the cheapest available to buy, but is it any good?

Well, yes actually.

Technic's electric eyeshadow palette, is, as suggested, a set of eye shadows in bright, bold colours. Most of the eye colours I wear are quite muted shades, but during the summer months I thought I would try something a little brighter that wasn't too expensive. This eyeshadow palette may not be as readily available on the high street as some other brands, but it can easily be sought out online if you wish to purchase one for yourself.

The packaging of these eyeshadows is matte, and very sturdy. It even contains a huge built in mirror, which is even more useful- although it is a medium sized palette, this is definitely one you could squeeze into your handbag, as it's relatively slim and comes with that mirror included, diminishing the need for a compact mirror.  Unfortunately, the packaging is topped off with a rather gaudy sticker, but this is thankfully easy to remove and won't leave any residue. Inside, the pan holding the eyeshadows is a little plastic looking which is disappointing, but this makes it very easy to clean.

It also comes with the generic double-ended sponge applicator you often see in these types of eye palettes. Personally, they aren't my favourite way to apply eyeshadow and I generally replace them with my eyeshadow brush. However, they do work and are particularly good for using on the go, as if they are lost they are easily replaceable.

As I have mentioned, the colours in this set of eyeshadow are all very bright. They don't each have specific names to them, but you get;


A bright yellow- This colour looks a bit scary in the pan, but once applied it shows up more as a pale yellow/white with a pretty sparkle. This would be nice as a subtle all over lid colour, or maybe in the inner corners of the eye to help your eyes look more bright and awake.

Peach/Orange- When first applied, this shade shows up more on the 'peach' side of orange, but it can be built up to give an impressive highly-pigmented finish. Although this eyeshadow also has sparkle in it, the lustre isn't too over-the-top, which I like. I am not normally an orange fan, but this was quite nice. Not my first choice in the set, though.

Magenta/Deep pink- Probably my least favourite of the eyeshadows. I've never been a pink eyeshadow fan, for me the only pink I tend to use is for blusher. This is probably the colour I am least likely to use, but it is very highly pigmented and not low quality at all. However, this is just personal preference.

Moss Green- This is almost quite a natural looking eye shade, one I wouldn't be surprised to see in a more neutral-colours palette. Definitely one that can be used right into autumn and I think would particularly make brown eyes stand out. Although I have blue eyes, I liked the look of this on and it wasn't too shimmery either.

Turquoise- Again, like yellow, this looked deep in the pan but applied more as a subtle 'wash' of colour with shimmer. It would make a good all-over eye colour, or just to highlight the inner corner of your eye. It's a nice colour for the summer months, the colour reminds me of the shade of the sea.

Medium Blue- The colour payoff for this shade is amazing and it's one of my favourites. It would work well into the winter months, and I plan to use it as an smudgey eyeliner as I think this would be the best use for it. It is a pretty shade too, not too dark but not so light either. It's also not too glittery.

Copper- This is very similar to the orange shade, just a little darker and less heavy on the shimmer. It is more pigmented than the orange, but again applies as quite a peachy shade which can be built up if you wish. I probably won't use this as much as the others as I said, I am not really a fan of orange, but out of the two orange shades, I would say this was the best one.

Gold- Like the moss green, this is a shade which I would expect to find in a neutrals palette. It is a beautiful rich, brown-gold shade with a lot of glitter. However, I wouldn't hesitate using this as an all-over eye shade, as it isn't too bright at all. I know it would go with lots of outfits too, and is probably the most 'wearable' shade in the set. One of my favourites.

Bronze- This is very similar to the aforementioned gold shade with a red/orange twist to it which makes it seem brighter and more shimmery. I would really like to try blending this shade with the gold, as I think the two would make an interesting combination. I would also consider using this as an eyeliner, it has real depth to it that I think would make it work well as one.

Pale blue- This is in-between the turquoise shade, and the medium blue shade. It has elements of each in, and a little shimmer. It is also very highly pigmented and comes out very bright when swatched. This, for me, would be quite a difficult shade to work with and I might use it more for blending rather than a colour by itself.

Dark Purple- Out of all the colours, this one is my favourite. It's a dark purple almost violet. I am primarily going to use it as an eyeliner, then blend it with a little turquoise as the pale green/blue of the turquoise and the darkness of this is one of my favourite colour combinations that I think would work really nicely. It's not too pigmented but again, is easily buildable if you wish to create a brighter look. This shade comes up quite matte, which is nice and makes a change from the others.

Plum- This is also one of my favourites, a purple with a crimson note in it which makes it the perfect plum shade. Again, this is easily wearable and would work well as an all-over colour or a smudged eyeliner. The shimmer in this is high again but it really suits this colour. I will also be using this shade as an eyeliner but it would blend well with any of the lighter shades, particularly the blues.

_______________________________________________________________________________

The texture of all these eyeshadows is light and buttery, and they apply with ease. If you are afraid of the brightness of the shades in these compact, I would say try them first. As some of my descriptions have explained, although the colours can be well-pigmented, none of them are over-the-top or showy in the slightest. Most of the shades in the compact I liked, and the ones I didn't was just due to personal preference, there are no quality issues.

The price of this set of eyeshadows is very low, and although they aren't readily available on the highstreet, they can be picked up from Amazon UK and other sites for less than £3. I really think more shops should start stocking Technic products, as I would like to try more and I think they would be as popular as brands such as BarryM and MUA.

So overall, I do rate this eyeshadow high and would recommend it not only to people like me who are used to wearing neutral shades and want to try something bright out without splashing the cash, but to proper makeup artists and collectors, as the quality is there for such a low price that it is worth trying out. This would also make a great first eyeshadow kit for someone younger, as the colours are youthful and pretty without being gaudy or over-the-top.

I will definately be checking out some of Technic's other products, it's just a shame they are not more of a well-known brand in the UK as I think they deserve recognition for their low prices, high quality products.


8/10










1 comment:

  1. Good packaging, bright vivid colours, 26 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete