Thursday 18 June 2015

Library of Fragrance Vanilla Ice Cream cologne spray




A while ago whilst browsing the perfume/body spray category on Amazon UK, I noticed Demeter scents- a selection of cologne sprays in rather unique fragrances that you wouldn't necessarily expect as colognes. These varieties included dark chocolate, cake batter, and even play-doh scents. Fast forward a year or so, and Demeter have brought some of these scents to the UK, releasing them under a new name, Library of Fragrance.

Library of Fragrance colognes are quite difficult to find, and I have really only spotted them in larger Boots pharmacy stores, so if you don't have one of them near you, then you may want to check them out online. Boots stock around 40 of their scents, and there is a lot of variety, from natural scents such as Snow, to more fruity varieties such as the popular cocktail Sex on the beach, and some of the more unusual foodie scents as well. They are currently on a special offer, £15 each or 2 for £25, (30ml bottles) so are very well priced compared to other fragrances.

I picked up two varieties and Vanilla ice cream is the first one. I purely picked this up, as it was the first one on the shelf that caught my eye. I am a fan of gourmand scents, and rarely see them in products like this, so I wanted to try out the tester and see what I thought before investing in a full bottle.  When I used it, I loved it so I came back a few days later and picked up this one and another (which I will be reviewing shortly).

When you first spray this cologne, you get a very rich, almost overwhelming vanilla scent, which can seem a little harsh at first, but settles down to a smooth creaminess. There are no other layers in this scent, which I appreciate. It is vanilla, pure and simple.

The one food item scent I can compare it to is strangely not vanilla ice cream- purely because I find the scent of the popular dessert quite light, soft and milky. I would more likely describe the scent of this cologne as the same scent you get when you open a fresh bottle of a good-quality vanilla extract. It's sweet and quite heavy, but naturally so- and not too cloying.

As I said, the scent does settle down overtime and become more wearable, and smells like freshly baked and iced vanilla cupcakes. It's warm, sweet, sugary and very appealing to the wearer and whoever smells it. I would say it is quite a girly scent, and one which I imagine would be popular for younger women as it's quite 'fun' and not musky. It would also make a great signature scent, and you could even layer it with some of Library of Fragrances' other single-layer varieties to create your own 'customized' scent.

Library of Fragrance also recommend that you can use their colognes as room or pillow sprays, and this works really nicely. I've used it on my pillows and it makes a nice change to my regular lavender pillow spray, as well as being just as soothing.  It's also a great alternative to using a scented candle.

The one fault I have with this scent is it's lasting power, I would say it only lasts an hour or so at the most before needing to be reapplied. But as the price of it is so low, I don't mind using it liberally.


Overall, I would definitely recommend this. Well priced and a really pretty fragrance to wear.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment