Friday 19 June 2015

Library of Fragrance Marshmallow cologne spray


A while ago whilst browsing the perfume/body spray category on Amazon UK, I noticed Demeter scents- a selection of cologne sprays in rather unique and special scents that you wouldn't necessarily expect to work well as colognes. These varieties include chocolate, paperback book(!), and even play-doh scents. Fast forward a year or so, and Demeter have brought some of these scents to the UK, releasing them under a new name, Library of Fragrance.


Library of Fragrance colognes are quite difficult to find here and I have really only spotted them in larger Boots pharmacy stores, so if you don't have one of them near you, then you may want to check them out online. Boots stock around 40 of their scents, and there is a lot of variety, from natural scents such as Snow, to more fruity varieties such as the popular cocktails Sex on the beach and Pina colada , and some of the more unusual foodie scents as well. They are currently on a special offer, £15 each or 2 for £25, (30ml bottles) so are very fairly priced compared to other fragrances.


The packaging of Library of Fragrance scents is fairy basic- a heavyweight cuboid glass bottle with a simple label reading the scent and ingredients on the back, with a silver cap. Nothing fancy here, but for the price it's decent enough and fairly modern and minimalist. It's also the perfect size to pop one (or two) 30ml bottles into your handbag.

Out of the two varieties I picked up, this was one that really appealed to me, as I am a big fan of candied scents. I've also never really noticed a particularly strong scent with marshmallows besides a light, sugary aroma, so I wondered how Library of Fragrance had replicated the scent to a cologne and whether it was any good.

I wasn't disappointed.

On first spray, unfortunately the alcohol in the scent is at the forefront here, and you don't really smell anything else, due to the softness of the fragrance. But this settles down after 30 seconds, and the scent really mellows out to something beautifully light and creamy, and almost slightly coconutty in scent. 

It really does smell like a jar of marshmallow fluff, or a bag of marshmallows opened. A light, barely-there sweetness that also kind of reminds me slightly of pink and white nougat and cupcake frosting. The coconut note comes at the end, and is barely noticeable, but really helps round off this fragrance and make it something special.  It's definitely a candied scent, but not the overbearing sort. I feel this scent would be adored by anyone, old or young. It's a girlie one, but is deliciously indulgent. 

The only issue with this scent, like the other Library of fragrance variety I have tried, is that it doesn't last that long.  I would say the fragrance lasts around an hour before needing to be reapplied. For me, this doesn't matter so much as like I said, the bottle is fairly portable and the price is low, but it may be something to bear in mind if you don't want to carry it around or don't have the time to reapply throughout the day.

Overall, I am pleased with this scent. Out of the two Library of Fragrance colognes I have tried, it isn't my favourite, however it is beautifully pretty, non cloying and girlie, and one which I will enjoy wearing in the warmer months of the year, or layering with other scents.  I may even try buying the Library of Fragrance dark chocolate variety and seeing if layering it with this would create a scent close to s'mores- watch this space!

Recommended

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment