Wednesday 13 May 2015

Lush Dream Time Temple Balm




Sometimes when I am online I take a look at what Lush products are for sale. As is the case with most Lush products such as fresh bath bombs or facial cleansers, they are often better buying fresh from the shop. However, lots of limited edition or retro products pop up from time to time on Ebay, which gives people the chance to try out items which aren't available in the shops.

Dream Time temple balm is one such product. A few years ago, Lush created three temple balms, which are designed to be rubbed into pulse points for a specific purpose. The three different varities were;

Dream Time temple balm- A relaxing balm to help you sleep
Flying Fox temple balm- A de-stressing balm. The rarest one that is most difficult to find.
Whoosh! temple balm- An awakening, citrus balm offering designed to perk you up on early mornings, or when you are tired but need to concentrate.

Dream time and Whoosh temple balms are available to purchase as part of a Lush spa treatment, and Dream time  temple balm is also, in fact, available in Lush as part of a (rather expensive) gift set, also named Lush Spa. Luckily, I managed to grab the Dream Time temple balm online, when someone bought a gift set and split it up to sell the items seperately.

Out of all the balms available, Dream time is the one which I had the most interest in, as I do tend to have problems sleeping and hoped this would at least slightly alleviate the problem.

Dream time temple balm comes in a tiny 10g screw top jar, which is ideal for popping into your purse or handbag. It is described as "Soporifically scented balm, with lavender and chamomile for a deep and restful sleep".

When you open the jar, it immediately smells of quite a classic lavender and chamomile combination, with an underlying slightly ginger note, presumably brought on by the ginger oil included. It also contains sandalwood oil too, however if you aren't particularly keen on the scent of ginger (I'm not), don't worry, as these components are barely noticeable unless you really sniff closely. It is really quite an unoffensive smell, which I feel most people would enjoy unless they really don't like lavender. Personally, although it is not my 'usual' type of scent, I quite liked it and it grew on me even more after a few uses.

The texture of this balm is a little like vaseline, a slightly-greasy balm. Unlike vaseline, however, it is easily applied and absorbed without any annoying stickiness and residue. I have used this under and over my makeup, and it didnt interfere with my foundation base. However, due to being thinner, it gets used up fairly quickly. I've applied mine seven or eight times now to pulse points, and there is already a dent in the product.

Although this is sold as a temple balm, you can apply this anywhere you like. I personally use it on my wrists, temples, behind my ears, under my nose, collar and forehead. You honestly only need a little bit each time, and the soothing smell lasts a good few hours. However, it is not really strong enough to be used as a solid perfume, so I probably wouldn't attempt to use this in place of a perfume.

As for making me sleepy, I can't really say I noticed a dramatic difference in my sleep quality. However, this balm does help me feel a little more relaxed and less tense if I am out. Although Dream Time temple balm is not a 'miracle worker', it is a good little natural stress-relief cosmetic, so if you get anxious and nervous a lot, it is something I would definitely recommend.

This is a product I really wish Lush would make as part of their permanent line, as I think it would be a popular seller. It is something I would buy again on it's own for sure, however I can't see myself paying almost £30 for a lush spa gift set or even more for a treatment at the spa that uses the balm. I've heard that sometimes the Lush spas will sell you them on their own, so I may try visiting the Edinburgh spa and asking. But apart from that, I will just have to keep a look out on Ebay and hope that someone else will sell them. Until then, I will make the most of the single tub I own.



8/10





No comments:

Post a Comment