Tuesday 14 July 2015

Butterball bath bomb



I was given one of these bath bombs as a gift yesterday, and although I vaguely remember buying one a few years ago, it was nice to have a fresh one so I would be able to analyse it in more detail. I've heard lots of great reviews of this particular bath bomb from other bloggers and vloggers that I looked forward to using it right away.

When you go into a Lush store, you will see a colourful array of bath bombs and bubble bars sitting on plates ready to be bought, and Butterball may seem a little dull and uninspiring in comparison. It's a bit smaller than your typical bath bomb, and is a white shade, speckled with creamy patches of cocoa butter. Butterball is one of Lush's cheapest bath bombs, but it works as well as most of the bigger ones.

The scent of this bath bomb is quite creamy and reminds me of fresh vanilla, with a little added musk and mild floral notes to help it seem less cloying and lot more fresh. You can also smell the cocoa butter in there, which adds an almost chocolatey element.

Although all Lush bath bombs are water softening, this one tops the list of being the most moisturising bath bomb offering from Lush. Despite the small size and lack of added extras, such as glitter and colour, this bath bomb is stuffed with chunks and flakes of cocoa butter, which moisturise your skin and leave it feeling soothed and softened. Although it doesn't claim to be made specifically for it, I think Butterball would be an ideal choice if you suffered from sensitive skin, or sunburn.  I generally do have quite dry skin, and I can't always be bothered to moisturise, so I hope the oils in this would be ideal for that.


Using a bath bomb is easy. Just run a hot bath, and throw it in the water and watch it fizz away. This bath bomb does not make much of a change to the water colour wise, except turning it a little more cloudy. But the golden chunks of cocoa butter inside float on the surface and around the sides of the bath. These are the best bit of the bath bomb, and can even be scooped up and rubbed into particularly dry skin if you feel like doing so.

As this bath bomb has got a lot of oils in, be careful getting out as it can make the surface of the bath quite greasy. However, this is a minor problem and doesn't take away from it's performance.


After use, my skin felt really smooth and silky, and the musky vanilla scent remained on my skin. I topped it up with a little of my Demeter vanilla ice-cream cologne, which went well with the scent of Butterball.

Overall, although this bath bomb is not showy in any way, I think it's one which is really well-suited to my skin, and I understand why so many Lush fans adore the Butterball scent. I will definitely be picking it up again and has been good to be reintroduced to it.

8/10




No comments:

Post a Comment