Wednesday 1 July 2015

Sleek Powder Blush in Pixie Pink




Sleek is another brand that has come to my attention, due to the many bloggers and vloggers I am a fan of recommending the brand as being a cheaper alternative that is as good as some of the more expensive ones. I wanted to try out a product for myself, and as I've heard so many good things about the blushers in particular, I chose one as my first purchase from the Sleek brand.

The shade I opted for is pixie pink, a beautiful, flushed blue-based pink that looks pretty bright in the compact, but can be used to achieve any look, whether that's a natural blush, or a cheekier, more pigmented application on the apples of your cheeks.


The packaging of the blush really reflects the name of the brand- it certainly is sleek! The compact is smaller than the size of your average credit card, and has a beautiful matte, black finish. I love matte packaging, as it's anti-fingerprint and I think it looks more chic than a shiny finish.  The compact has a built in mirror too, which is useful and an added bonus. The only criticism I can make is that opening the compact proves a little difficult. It's quite stiff and difficult to prise open without bending your nails and chipping nail varnish, which for me is quite annoying. Whether it will get easier to open with more usage, I don't know, but according to others who have bought this compact blush- it is unfortunately a common problem.

Onto the product itself; As I previously mentioned, the blush looks very pigmented in the compact and comes up just pigmented on your skin, so a little really goes a long way. It applies very well with a fluffy blusher brush, and blends to create any look you require. For me, the formula was non-drying and gave a pleasantly matte look. I also found that it was long lasting, and stayed on for a whole day without any need for reapplication. I didn't use primer either, so I imagine if you used a proper primer base then you would get even more hours out of one use.

Sleek is a drugstore brand of makeup, however I managed to pick their blusher up off Ebay for around the £3.50 mark, which makes it excellent value for money. I think it will also last a good few uses, as whilst I do enjoy using quite a generous amount of blusher, the pigmentation in this one is strong and you really don't need much.

Overall, this will be a repeat purchase for me, but I would like to check out the other shades in the range as I do enjoy swapping blush colours from time to time. I am tempted to invest in one of their 3-blush shade palettes as I've heard they are popular.

Sleek blusher, for me, has lived up to the 'hype' surrounding it over the past few months by lots of people, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good-quality product at a low price. They just need to make their packaging easier to open and it would be pretty much perfect to me- but I can't fault the product!

9/10






No comments:

Post a Comment