Tuesday 7 July 2015

Ciaté Paint Pot Nail Polish in Morning Dew


Out of all the makeup products I try, nail polish is one of the ones that I tend not to spend a lot of money on. I have tried a lot of budget, drugstore brands of nail polish that I have really liked, and didn't really see any reason to invest a lot of money in something which might potentially just be really similar to the cheaper, yet good quality favourites that I already own.

After browsing in a branch of T.K Maxx in Edinburgh, I came across a shelf full of higher-end cosmetics, some of which were brands I recognised from Youtube beauty vloggers' videos. As well as this, a lot of the products were reduced in price, so after looking at the nail polishes and quickly trying to decide which colour I should choose, I opted for one of Ciaté's polishes.

Morning dew by Ciaté is part of their Dragonfly Collection, and is a pale, pearlescent grey-blue, with iridescent sparkles shot through it, which, although minuscule, are in their thousands here. Although the colour of the polish is a light one, I think it would work particularly well in winter-time. The shade really reminds me of the light frosts and has a real ice-theme to it. However, it works equally well in summer due to it's lightness, and can be paired with all sorts of outfits and makeup looks due to it being a fairly neutral shade.

The packaging of this nail polish, like all Ciaté's other bottles, is so pretty that it almost seems an indulgent treat. It would make a nice gift in itself if given to someone, and is much more decorative than the other nail polish bottles I own. Amusingly, the bottle is ergonomically shaped to fit better in the palm of your hand, but whether this really works or is just a gimmick, I am not too sure on. Personally, I thought the shape of the bottle looked elegant, but it felt no more-or-less comfortable than any other polish bottle I have held. The bottle is also adorned with a black mini satin bow- which, although elegant, is sadly quite cheaply glued-on, and fell off the cap after only a couple of uses.

The polish applies quickly and easily. Although it's not my favourite nail brush I have tried, it is up there with the best. I needed around 2-3 coats until I was satisfied with the pigmentation of the polish, and I allowed sufficient drying time in-between coats to ensure the polish wouldn't peel or smudge afterwards.

The polish stayed on my nails for a good 3 days before starting to chip slightly. I am aware this doesn't sound like a great result, but taking into account that I used no base or top coat (I always forget)- I was pleased with the result. I'm sure that using a topcoat would allow the polish to stay on for longer, and I plan to trial it out soon.

Overall, I would not pay full price for this nail polish, as I feel it's on a par with some of the good quality drugstore ones available. However, for the low price I paid, I wouldn't hesitate on picking up some more in other colours.

7.5/10
R.R.P: £6.30
Sale Price: £2.99

No comments:

Post a Comment