Wednesday 8 April 2015

L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Doutzen's Nude

                                     

While I was browsing the makeup aisle in Superdrug, I decided to buy a new lipstick, as I recently finished my last one, and I was getting a bit sick of glosses. I first thought I might buy a budget-range lipstick, but after having a look at L'oreal's wide colour range, I decided to buy a mid-ranged one that was a little more expensive.

I am drawn to the paler pinks and nude lipsticks, as they are more wearable and suited to lots of different everyday looks. After looking at Loreal's Color Riche lipsticks, I noticed that they had done a collaboration with some famous models, to create a range of shades called 'Exclusive Nudes'.

Doutzen's nude is a shade carefully chosen and inspired by Doutzen Kroes, a Dutch model and actress who worked for American Lingerie company, Victoria's Secret. She is now on contract with L'oreal and also models for H&M. 

Before I bought this lipstick, I hadn't heard of Doutzen Kroes, and I was not influenced to buy this lipstick based on who was promoting it. I bought it because I was a fan of the colour, and the packaging was very nice too.

The colour of this lipstick is a soft, nude pink, with the slightest iridescent sheen. It is a fairly glossy finish, yet it is a shade which I feel could be worn everyday, even on light makeup days. It doesn't have a very high colour payoff, so if you are looking for a more pigmented pink, you may want to look elsewhere. It is the perfect nude-pink shade. Often nude shades can look a little beige-y, and like you have used foundation on your lips, but this has got enough pink pigment to help it look more natural. This lipstick feels creamy and can be applied smoothly without any dragging. 

Unfortanately, my lips are not in great condition generally, and as with all pale lipsticks, if applied on chapped lips, this can really highlight the peeling and cracked areas. However, this can be remedied by using a lip scrub and balm beforehand to prime your lips prior to wearing it.


The packaging of this lipstick is a matte, cuboid shaped tube, with a cold band round the middle imprinted with the L'oreal logo. On the black tube it reads 'Exclusive collection by Doutzen', and Doutzen's name is printed in (I assume) her handwriting, which gives it a luxury feel. 

The gold band has a little clasp on the back, which clicks into place when you shut the lipstick. This means that the lid of this lipstick can only be put on one way, but it helps it feel a little more secure than regular lipstick lids. Finally, a R in a circle is printed on the top in gold. I am not sure what this represents, so anyone who has any insight, feel free to comment on the guestbook. 

I am a fan of the soft touch, matte packaging- for me i makes the lipstick look a little more luxurious and high end. I also love the Doutzen's Nude shade, and it will be my staple everyday go-to lipstick.

The price of this lipstick is £6.99, and although it is a little more than what I would normally pay for lipstick, the L'oreal brand has reguarly got special offers, especially in stores such as Superdrug and Boots.  It is also a high quality lipstick for the price and I wouldn't hesitate buying it again, and trying out a few of the different shades.


I would recommend L'oreal Color Riche lipstick in Doutzen's Nude to those who prefer more muted nude tones, or maybe those who are used to using lip balms, and want to venture into trying lipsticks. It would also make a good lipstick for teens wanting to buy makeup for the first time, as it isn't too bright and is great for everyday use.


8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment