Tuesday 28 April 2015

LUSH Each Peach (and two's a pair) massage bar


After recently scouring ebay last weekend, I came across this massage bar for a fairly low price and decided to buy it, as it's just one in a long list of Lush products that I have been meaning to try out.

Massage bars are possibly my favourite thing Lush have to offer, and I have amounted a large stash of them over the years. They keep surprisingly well, so are ideal thing to hoard if you enjoy collecting limited edition ones. Although buying off ebay is sometimes a risk, this massage bar seemed in great condition when I receieved it in the post- however, I might buy another fresh one from the store just to compare them!

Each peach and two's a pair (named after the popular children's book, Each Peach Pear Plum) is a massage bar that is part of Lush's year-round regular range. It is a fruity. citrus offering that is designed to be invigorating and refreshing. I think this bar is a particularly good one to use on mornings, when you are feeling a little sluggish- it perks you up and helps you feel a little more awake. It's moulded with a pretty floral pattern on the top that helps it look that bit more special.


The scent of Each Peach is quite strong and heavy on the citrus, but in a very natural way. To me, it smells of orange and lemon with a dash of lime. No added sugar or musk- just the fresh fruit on it's own. This might seem a little plain, but it really works- it's an exotic, summery treat that can be used year-round. I also feel that the scent of this bar is very unisex, and would also be appreciated by any age customers.

To use a massage bar, you can either use it as it was intended, by melting the bar inbetween your hands and applying the oil to massage yourself or someone else. Or, as I do, you can use it as a rich body moisturiser. To do this, either melt the bar and apply the oil with your hands, or rub the bar straight on your skin. Massage bars take a little longer to soak into your skin than regular lotion does, so don't do it straight before you go out.

Each Peach and Two's a pair costs £5.95 from Lush, which is mid-priced in their range of massage bars. Massage bars last for about 10 full body uses, so it is a little bit of expensive alternative to pots and tubes of lotion. However, it is really nourishing for your skin and is ideal as an occasional treat as it is packed full of natural fruit oils and butters.


For me, Each Peach was an amazing texture;it wasn't overly oily or melty.. Some of Lush's massage bars are way too squishy and produce too much oil on one go, but this bar gave you enough without there being loads of wastage. That said, it is very easy to apply and doesn't drag across the skin at all. The oil also soaks into your skin and is absorbed lots quicker than other massage bars I have tried, which is ideal for those who don't want to wait ages.



Overall, I am glad I got the chance to buy this. I will definately repurchase it as it is a great, summery smell and absorbs quicker than lots of other massage bars I have tried from Lush. I am also interested to see how a fresh one compares to the first one I bought from ebay. I would definately recommend this as an introduction into massage bars for anyone who wants to try them- you won't be disappointed.










No comments:

Post a Comment