Thursday 16 April 2015

Sakura Bath Bomb




After being gifted a Lush bath bomb and bubble bar set today (Review on that next week), I decided to use the products inside and treat myself to a Lush bath, as I have had some joint pain lately, and thought a hot bath may alleviate the pain.

One of the products contained within this set was the Sakura bath ballistic. This is a bath bomb from Lush's regular range that I have never tried, although I have often been tempted in Lush, and it has been recommended to me by the store assistants. I was glad to see it in the box, as it's always nice to try a new product out and see how it works for me.


From the outside, the Sakura bath ballistic has a slightly dull plain white exterior, although it has some nice touches, such as what looks like  coloured pink and green salt crystals decorating the top, and laced throughout the rest of the white bath bomb, making it a little more visually appealing for those who are a fan of bright colours.


The smell of this bath bomb is a simple, yet pretty floral aroma. Obviously as it is called Sakura, the Japanese name for cherry blossom, I thought there might be  a distinct note of that here. But to me, I just get a mixed floral smell, which is very fresh and perfect for the spring or summer weather.
This is not usually my first choice of scent. In no way is it offensive or bad- I just tend to favour the more sugary-sweet scents such as that of Creamy Candy or Rose Jam. 

I have to be honest that when using this bath bomb, I was a little sceptical about how the colour of the bath water would turn out, due to the majority of the bath bomb being a milky-white colour. However, I pressed on and threw it into my bath.

This bath bomb is a very fast fizzer, dissolving in under 2 minutes, despite the fact it is around the size of a cricket ball and one of Lush's larger bath bombs. As suspected, the colour of the water does not change slightly, despite the fact a little blue and pink foam comes out from the bath bomb, I teamed this bath bomb with Rose Jam Bubbleroon and Snow Fairy, and the water stayed the same murky pink colour it had been from the other products before I had used the bath bomb.

The grains of coloured salt within and on top of the bath bomb lurked at the bottom of the bath, creating a slightly scratchy surface, but dissolved within a few minutes in the hot water. There are no other hidden 'extras' in this bath bomb such as glitter , flower petals, or confetti- this may be a plus or  a minus, depending on what type of bath product you like using. Personally for me, it was a little disappointing.


The smell, despite not being very strong when the product was unused, was potent enough to be able to recognise over the strong candied rose and bubblegum scents of the other products, and I could smell it on my skin some hours later after using, which was a pleasant surprise.


Overall, I am glad I got the chance to try out this bath bomb, and although I found it fairly enjoyable, there are other ones I prefer over this, so I don't think I will be repurchasing.


6.5/10




No comments:

Post a Comment