Friday 27 March 2015

Collins Chatsworth desk organiser





After writing some of my posts, I decided that I wanted somewhere to keep written reviews down, as well as somewhere to keep sheets of paper from companies who had sent samples to review. At first I thought about getting an a4 ringbinder, but after looking online, I decided a desk organiser may be a better way of having somewhere to put to-do's, as well as diary dates for bloggers events', and general notes really.

I didn't mind too much about the design of the desk organiser, as it is something I will generally be keeping at home, due to it being a bit heavy to bring everywhere with me, and too big to fit in my handbag (I use my personal organiser for on-the-go writing). However, I didn't want to be paying a crazy amount, so I avoided Filofax and started looking at some cheaper alternatives.

I came across the Collins chatsworth design- a plain black, non-leather organiser which had many different sections for dividing my written information into categories.

The collins chatsworth desk organiser comes with-

-Week on two page diary
-Notepaper
-Meetings paper
-To-do paper
-Finance paper
-Address/telephone numbers paper with a-z dividers.
- Plastic Credit/store card pocket
-A5 notepad in the back pocket

All the separate sections also come with their own dividers. I was pretty impressed with the amount of contents provided, as they also seemed to be better quality.

It has four credit card slots and one large full length pocket in the front cover, and a large full length pocket in the back which is specifically for a notebook (included with this organiser) The collins logo is imprinted onto the spine of the binder.


The design itself is a little plain, but it is functional, with tons of space.  It is made out of PU and is leather-look. It looks pretty tough and I doubt it would get dirty easily, so I wouldn't be too bothered throwing this in a oversized bag and taking it out with me if I needed to. There is also space for a ballpoint pen in the organiser.

I noticed that the binder rings on this organiser were slightly different to other a5/desk organisers I have tried. They were thicker, and seemed to be sturdier, with no gapping at all. There was also seven, which unfortuately makes it a little awkward to get inserts which will fit. The Collins' personal organiser inserts are interchangable with Filofax ones, but unfortunately the Collins desk organiser does not match up with Filofax's a5 inserts. Therefore, if you wanted to order more, you would have to seek out a stockist in a shop or online, which I have heard isn't that easy. I am also unsure if collins sell holepunches, so it may be a little difficult if you are interested in making your own page inserts.

Overall, I am pleased for what I got for the price I paid, and I know it looks professional and will come in handy for writing longer lists. I would recommend this to people who want somewhere to write information down, that looks a little better than a regular notepad or diary.

7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment