Friday 27 March 2015

Collins Paris personal organiser




This will be the first of 2 reviews of Collins organisers. Stay tuned for my next review!

I got to a point in writing my blog where I wanted somewhere to keep a written copy of the important things for my blog, such as lists of products I needed to try, a checklist of reviews I had done and still needed to do, and space to write mini reviews and bullet points that I could use later.

I also wanted it to have plenty of pockets, and it to be of good quality while still being an affordable price.

I saw this organiser on Amazon UK, and after reading about what it included, decided to order it.

The collins paris organiser comes with
-Week on two page diary
-Notepaper
-Meetings paper
-To-do paper
-Finance paper
-Address/telephone numbers paper with a-z dividers.
- Plastic Credit/store card pocket

All the separate sections also come with their own dividers. I was pretty impressed with the amount of contents provided, as they also seemed to be better quality.

The binder has six credit card slots and 2 large pockets in the front cover, and a large notepad slot in the back cover (although the notepad is sold separately). There is also a pen loop, which fits a regular ballpoint pen.

The binder itself, which isn't leather, is a padded, fairly rigid PU material, and is in a cute, girly shade of blush pink. It's a little different from what I would normally go for, although I wanted something a bit different from the regular black colour. Due to the pale colour, I'm not sure if this would stain easily, so I would recommend you take care to ensure it doesn't get dirty.

The wide strap closure fastens with a magnetic popper, which seems of high quality too, and has the collins logo imprinted on the spine. The design very much reminds me of Filofax non-leather organisers, but seems sturdier somehow, and better quality.

The ring closure seems to be fine too, with no gapping. I have been put off buying personal organisers recently, due to nearly every one I buy having gaps in the rings. I know this isn't terrible, but if I am paying out £20-50 on a Filofax, I expect it to reach me in good condition. Fortunately, the Collins organiser was fine on arrival with no marks or ring damage.

Unfortunately this organiser doesn't come in any kind of packaging, apart from a paper label round the front cover, detailing the organiser and what is included inside. I much prefer when these kind of organisers come in cardboard boxes, especially the lighter-coloured ones, which really need storing properly rather than being left out on a dusty shelf or desk.

As it's a personal size ,  this organiser is a little too small for writing long reviews. but I know it will come in handy in writing short notes and lists and keeping important information to hand. Keeping the basics in something like this ensures that you have all your spare notes and bits of paper in one place so you don't lose any. It is ideal to keep in a handbag along with your smartphone, and is in ideal piece of kit, whether you are a college student, self employed, or need something to keep your social dates in.

This organiser is also available in pocket size (a great option for a wallet). It is also available in several different colours.


7.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment