Friday 27 March 2015

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Care




Winter weather and wearing lipstick means I often get pretty dry lips, so when I went shopping recently, I wanted a lip balm that didn't have gimmicks such as a tint of colour or a fancy flavour. I just wanted something that would work and that wouldn't be too heavy to use.

So after having a look, I noted this Neutrogena balm. It caught my eye because I am a fan of their hand creams, and their Norwegian formula is pretty heavy-duty and designed for chapped skin on lips. Although it was one of the more expensive choices and didn't have particularly pretty, eyecatching packaging, But I thought I would try it out anyway and report back on the results after a couple of weeks.

It is designed pretty much like every other lip salve, in a wind up applicator which can easily be applied across the lips without mess. It goes on easily and smells quite nice. The scent is pretty fresh and clean, not a sweet scent or anything. I guess it is sort of medicinal, but not in a bad way. It's in no way unpleasant, and (along with the plain packaging) is very unisex, so guys would be comfortable using this too.

Right away, your lips feel moisturised and soothed. The lip balm feels immediately cooling, although it doesn't contain menthol, so it isn't too 'cold'. It doesn't add any sort of gloss or shine, and unless you over-do it, you can't tell you are wearing it.

However, unfortunately for me, the soothing effect was pretty short-term, and an hour later, I needed to apply it again as my lips felt dry. I was a little disappointed by this, as I thought it might give a few hours usage. It is something that is easily popped into a handbag, so it's not too much of an issue to reapply, but I've definately tried other lip balms that lasted longer than this.

I gave the balm a couple of weeks to see if it changed my mind, but it stayed pretty much the same. My lips are in slightly better condition, but I feel if I'd used another balm, they would be much more improved by now. 

I am not going to waste this balm and will keep it for a spare. I think it'll also come in handy when the weather is warmer and I don't need such a heavy duty lip salve. I would recommend it to people who don't have problem chapped lips, and maybe just need something a little moisturising. But for now, I am still on the hunt for another balm. If you have any suggestions, comment below!


6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment