Sunday 8 March 2015

D'fluff shaving cream



There are certain products by LUSH, that I really look forward to trying, but once I finally give them a go, I am left disappointed. Unfortunately, this is one of those times.

D'fluff shaving soap is a fairly new product by Lush, that I read about online. I am in the process of trying to convert all my cosmetics I use besides makeup to Lush ones, but there are a few I haven't managed to find alternatives for yet, and shaving cream was one of them.

I hesitated trying prince or dirty shaving creams, as I am not that fond of the dirty scent and I felt these products were more geared towards men rather than women. I know LOADS fans of lush would disagree with me and say these products were unisex, and I probably would have eventually tried Prince, had I not seen D'fluff online first.

D'fluff is a whipped-style shaving soap, named after the famous sweet spread, marshmallow fluff. I can see how it looks a little like the popular treat, but the texture does not have any of the (sometimes) annoying stickyness you would get with marshmallow fluff. Scooping some out of the black tub, it feels quite thick and moussy, and not really like any 'traditional' shaving creams I've tried.



The scent of this product is also quite nice, sharing it's fruity aroma with Strawberry feels forever massage bar. I can't say I can smell the strawberries very strongly, but the scent reminds me of a strawberry milkshake- a subtle, creamy scent with a slightly fruity undertone. It is miles away from the overpowering, artificial scent of Strawberry marshmallow fluff.



D'fluff doesn't lather up like any shaving cream I have ever tried, so don't expect the usual foamy lather you would get from a shaving gel or cream, whether low end like Gilette, or high end like Elemis, D'fluff provides you with more a oily, creamy lather that feels like it's doing some good to your skin, as well as softening any hair and providing an ideal surface for shaving.

The main problem I find with this shaving soap, is that it tends to clog up any razor that is being used, whether a cheap disposable or a more expensive one. I have never used D'fluff with an electric razor so I am unable to comment on how it would work.

As for it's performance, the D'fluff helps your razor to remove unwanted hair quickly and easily without cutting yourself, and leaves the skin behind feeling supple and soft once the excess cream is rinsed off and the skin has been dried.

Although this shaving soap works well at it's intended purpose, I do find the razor-clogging problem unforgivable with this product. Razor blades are expensive to buy, and I imagine using this shaving cream with a normal razor would wear the blades down extremely quickly, meaning purchasing new ones more often. No matter how little or much product I used, I seemed to come across this problem constantly.

One advantage is that D'fluff is a multipurpose product, and can also be used as a shower smoothie. So if you buy it and decide that using it as a shaving cream isn't for you, it can be used as a moisturising addition to your showering routine. Just scoop a little bit out, rub it on your skin and rinse away. The oils in the product will soften and moisturise your skin.





As you can probably tell, I am not the biggest fan of D'fluff, and rather found it a disappointing product for it's high price. I will be sticking to my regular Nivea shaving gel, which is cheaper and I think provides a better performance. That said, if you are interested in trying D'fluff shaving soap out, go to Lush and ask for a sample- you may enjoy it.

3/10






No comments:

Post a Comment