Monday 9 March 2015

Honey, I washed my hair Solid Shampoo bar



As I have previously mentioned in blog posts, I am in the process of trying to convert all my cosmetic products I use besides makeup to Lush ones. So far, the converting has been pretty easy, apart from a few certain products, Shampoo being one of them.


Lush invented solid shampoo bars as an ideal alternative to liquid shampoos for people who travel, as they weigh less, and provide up to 80 washes in a single bar. This also makes them great value for money, as a shampoo bar only costs £5.75.

There are many shampoo bars available in lush, ranging from ones which are designed specifically for dandruff and problem scalps, to those which claim to boost volume and soften hair. There is all sorts available for different hair types, so if you want to try one, I would recommend visiting a Lush store and having a look.


HIWMH, is named after the popular toffee-scented Lush soap, Honey I washed the kids. It also shares the same scent as the soap, which is great, as I'm a huge fan

It is designed to leave your hair soft and shiny, with a delicious scent. Granted, HIWMH  shampoo bar isn't the most appealing or brightest one in the collection- a plain white exterior with very little else going on. However, I hoped it would live up to what it claimed to do. I have blue-dyed, easily tangled hair, so I was all too aware I would probably need a conditioner with this.

Using this in my hair was very easy. You can either rub it in your hands to create a lather, or rub the bar straight on your head. The latter is what I decided to do, and it foamed up instantly, creating a thick lather. Unfortunately, my hair felt extremely tangled, and loads of my dye started coming out. Although this shampoo doesn't claim to be safe for coloured hair, I have used plenty of regular shampoos which weren't designed for coloured hair in the past that didn't strip my colour this much.

I topped up with a lot of conditioner, way more than I would usually use, and even then when I rinsed my hair, it felt rough to touch and didn't brush easily as it was so tangled.

I gave this shampoo a long chance to see if my hair would get used to it, but my colour was just coming out too much and I had to give it up eventually. Once I swapped back to my regular shampoo and conditioner routine, my hair was back to normal within a couple of days.



I feel this shampoo bar would be more suited to normal, natural hair types rather than dry or coloured hair. I think it may be a little rich for greasy hair, however as I don't have greasy hair, I obviously can't confirm that. As solid shampoo is not a multiuse product, I am unsure what to do with the rest of my bar, so it is a little sad that it was a waste of money. If y

Unfortunately, HIWMH solid shampoo bar has not won me over, however I would be willing to try out another from Lush before giving up completely on the solid bars. Perhaps you could recommend another? Let me know in the comments!


3.5/10




No comments:

Post a Comment