Thursday 12 March 2015

Rose Jam shower gel




There are always some products that you think you aren't going to like, and then when you try them out, you realise that they are one of your favourites, and regret not trying them sooner. Rose Jam shower gel is definitely one of those products. I picked up a small bottle in the Lush sale, knowing that if I didn't like it, it wouldn't be too much money wasted and I could pass it onto someone else.

Rose Jam is a limited edition shower gel only released around the Christmas period, much like Snow fairy- which tends to over-shadow it a little.

The packaging is Lush's regular design, a clear bottle with a black-and-white label, although it reads 'limited edition!' in a small corner of the label. I quite like the classic labelling, although I feel that maybe Rose Jam would pick up more attention if it was sold with a different label, like Snow Fairy.

It is a dark pink in colour, and smells like roses, but it is quite different to your regular rose-scented cosmetics you may pick up in shops. This is because it has a lemon undertone to it, which I feel gives it a sharp edge without making the overall scent seem sour. The scent reminds me a little of turkish delight- it is sweet without being cloying and overbearing.

I am not normally a fan of floral scents, and usually prefer gourmand ones that smell of sweets and vanilla. However, rose jam is an exception to that. The minute I got this home and used it, I regretted not investing in one of the large 500ml bottles that were in the boxing day sale.

The shower gel is dark pink in colour, medium-thick in texture, and lathers up well, especially with a shower puff. It leaves your skin feeling cleansed and fresh, without being dry. I would still recommend you use a mosituriser over this if you have very dry skin, or perhaps follow up your shower gel with Ro's argan body conditioner, which carries the same scent.


The only criticism I can make is that the scent doesn't really linger very long on your skin, which is a pity. If you can manage to pick up the limited-edition Rose Jam perfume on ebay, that would be an ideal follow-up to keep the beautiful scent on your skin throughout the day.


If you enjoy the shower gel, I would also recommend trying out year-round bath product Rose Jam bubbleroon, which also carries the same scent and is incredibly moisturising.

Overall, this is one of my unexpected favourites from Lush, and I will be picking up lots more of it at Christmas this year, if they decide to bring it back again...fingers crossed!

8.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment