Tuesday 3 March 2015

Lush Cocktail: Fairy gold.

When I first wrote up this LUSH bath cocktail, I knew that there was a chance I might not enjoy it, due to one of the products in the mix, Pot o Gold shower jelly. This limited-edition Easter shower jelly has got to be one of my least favourite lush items I've tried.

So why make this cocktail?

Well, due to the fact I was not keen on using this shower jelly in the shower, I wondered how it would fare being paired with other items in the bath, and if the smell would change slightly.



You will need.


Pot o' gold shower jelly (a small piece broke off about the size of half your thumb)



Gold F.U.N  (a centimetre-thick round slice)



Snow fairy sparkle bar  (a quarter of a bar, or if you are feeling generous, half. This bar will act as a bath melt)


Snow fairy shower gel (a few drops)



Vanilla puff dusting powder







1. Run your bath, and put your small slab of Pot o' Gold shower jelly in. This will create some bubbles, but don't worry if there isn't enough, as there will be more soon once the other products have been added.

2. Carefully crumble your gold F.U.N under the running tap, and swish the water about a bit with your hands to get even more of a lather going. The water should have turned a pale shade of gold now and have a little lustre/sparkle in it from the shower jelly and F.U.N.

3. Put a few drops of snow fairy sparkle in, under the running tap. Your bath now should have plentiful bubbles. The scent of the water will soften slightly, with the candy snow fairy scent and the toffee-honey scent of the F.U.N slightly cutting through the aroma of the Pot o' gold shower jelly.

4. When you are almost ready to get in and your tap is turned off, drop your snow fairy sparkle bar quarter into the hot water. This will melt over the surface, distrubuting oils and softening the water. It will also provide more lustre. Don't worry about the amount of glitter in your bath, as it will wash away with ease afterwards.

5.After you are done in the bath and dried off, sprinkle vanilla puff dusting power on yourself and massage it in. You skin will be left smooth and smelling sweet.




-My opinions on this Lush cocktail-

Overall, although it did contain 4 products which I liked this cocktail was average for me due to the Pot o' Gold shower jelly being included in it. I am just not a fan of the strong, heady, musky aroma of this shower jelly, and feels it cuts through and ruins the scents of the other products that are trying to compete with it in the bath.

I have often paired the massage bar quarter with one cleansing item, and it softened the water extremely well, however this time, the water was not as moisturising as I had hoped, despite using the massage bar quarter. I believe this may have been due to putting a lot of 'soapy' products into the bath, such as the shower jelly, the shower gel, and the F.U.N. Next time I will be sure to only include one, unless I add another water-softening product such as a bath bomb or bubble bar.

The vanilla puff at the end was the highlight for me, as it masked some of the Pot o' gold shower jelly scent from my skin, and provided a warm vanilla sweetness which I much prefer. I would definitely consider using this a lot more in Lush cocktails as it also leaves my skin feeling great.

As well as this, I have also realised the recipe would probably work well as a cocktail if I took the Pot o' gold shower jelly out the mix,. It would hopefully still retain that Gold colour element to it, but provides a sweeter, milder scent.


5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment