Monday 9 March 2015

Original Source lime shower gel



Today I am going to be taking a break away from reviewing my usual LUSH products, and writing my thoughts about Original Source's lime shower gel. This particular type of shower gel was recommended to me by a friend, and it is a low-priced widely available brand, so I decided to give it a go.

Original Source shower gels have particularly distinctive packaging, which helps differentiate their products from other ones. The bottles have their caps on the bottom, and are designed to be stood this way up, which avoids any product wastage. I am a big fan of this type of bottle, and I wish upper-end companies would take note.



Flicking open the cap, the lime scent is immediately apparant, and I am a big fan of it, despite not normally appreciating citrus smells. This scent has a slight sourness, but is balanced with the natural sweetness of lime too, so isn't overpowering.

The fragrance is actually very similar to the lime-flavour Starburst chew, and would probably be ideal for using in the hot weather, or in early mornings when you need something invigorating to wake you up . I really enjoyed the fragrance and feel it would work well as a body butter or lotion.

The texture of this gel is medium thickness, which I think is ideal. It's not so watery you will drop half of it down the drain, but it's not so thick it will seem cloying on your skin.  Original source lime shower gel lathers up averagely- it doesn't provide the best lather I have tried, but I suspect it would lather up better using a shower puff.

After using this shower gel, I did feel clean, but unfortunately, despite claiming to contain essential oils, it made my skin feel quite tight and overly cleansed, with my hands in particular feeling quite 'squeaky' and dry. I don't expect this with a shower gel, so I was a little disappointed.

I have heard of people using this shower gel in their hair, however as my hair is heavily dyed and dry and needs shampoo for colour treated and problematic hair, I decided to avoid trying this so can't report on it's results.

I may try using this shower gel as bubble bath, and see if I get any positive results, but for now, it's definitely not one of my favourites. Although I loved the scent, the performance of the product was just too drying for my skin type. I think people with normal, or oily skin would certainly enjoy this.
However, I have not been put off the Original Source brand, so I will certainly be trying out and reviewing a few of their different scented shower gels and body butters to see which one works best for me.

Keep your eyes peeled for more Original Source reviews :)



5.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment