Thursday 26 March 2015

Treacle Moon- Warm Apple Pie Hugs bath and shower gel


Sometimes products I haven't heard much about before can really surprise me, and when I saw Treacle moon bath and shower gels in one of my local supermarkets, I decided to pick up a bottle, as a lot of the scents looked really appealing. I eventually decided to go for Apple pie hugs- as I am a fan of gourmand scents and I've begun to enjoy a lot of apple-scented cosmetics, ever since I tried Lush's So White shower gel.

I have noticed Treacle Moon bath and shower gels before, and I have always wondered if their packaging was a dupe of high-end brand Philosophy's shower gels. However, I am not really bothered about whether something is a dupe or not- if a product is good quality, a good price and works well for me, I will buy it, regardless of whether it was inspired by a higher end, more expensive product. This has been proven in reviews on products such as the Revolution redemption eye palette, which is a dupe of Urban Decay's Naked1 palette.

Anyhow, this bath and shower gel comes in a top flip-cap bottle, something I am not exceptionally keen on for products as it makes it near-impossible to get every last bit out, The cap also tends to snap and break when I open it, and unfortunately, this happened this time. I may have been too heavy-handed with it, so I'm not going to hold it against the overall product.

The shower gel itself is pale green in colour and smells amazing. Literally, this is one of the best scented shower gels I have tried. To be honest, for the price I expected a sweet, and slightly one dimensional apple aroma, but this shower gel really surprised me and has now become one of my favourite scented shower gels.

There is apple, sure, but it smells slightly tart and jammy- exactly like the apple pie filling, or the apple in a freshly baked crumble. There is also a great underlying note of buttery, rich sweetness, that is just like the pastry on a fresh apple pie. It's this note of the scent which makes it so unique for me.

Using it in the shower, it is medium-thickness in texture, which means you won't drop any. It lathers up extremely well, even without a shower puff or sponge, and creates a fluffy layer of bubbles that rinse off to make you feel very cleansed without your skin feeling taut, or dry. The scent elevates in the shower, without becoming too rich or cloying, and smells comforting and delicious.

The scent didn't linger on my skin, but I am not too bothered about this, as I feel that if it did stay on your skin for a long time, it would probably be the type of scent that would clash with body lotions or perfumes you may decide to use afterwards.

As you are probably aware by the name of the product, it is also recommended for use in the bath, however I haven't yet tried it as I don't tend to use bubble bath. I will definitely give it a go though and report back on the results.

According to the Treacle moon company, Warm apple pie hugs is unfortunately a limited edition product, however when I picked this up, there were tons of bottles of it left, and there was no information saying it was limited edition. I am hoping that the company have changed their minds, as this is going to be one of my regular purchases, and I recommend that anyone who enjoys sweet, and foodie scents gives this a go- you won't be disappointed.

I look forward to trying other scents in the range, and hope they work as well as this one did.

9.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment