Tuesday 24 February 2015

Brightside bubble bar

I first picked up brightside bubble bar in Lush last year, when I went into Lush one weekend. I  hadn't seen Brightside before  in the shop, but when I picked it up and smelled it, I decided to try it out and see what I thought of it.

The bar looks very similar to the comforter bubble bar, with it's shape and hefty size. However, the colour of Brightside reminded me a little of my favourite ever lush product, the Enchanter bath ballistic. Brightside is a bold orange colour, swirled with yellow, red and hot pink. The colours of  this made me think that it would posess a strong, citrus aroma, and it didn't disappoint.

Brightside is definately a spring/summer type of scent- it is bright, playful and citrusy without being too sherbety or overwhelming. It primarily smells of tangerines, with a burst of lemon thrown in, and the aroma of freshly zested orange. It reminds me of the type of punch or cocktail you might make on a summers' day. For those who are fans of the bold citrus scents which make you more bright and alert, I am sure this will be a favourite.

Although Brightside is not as soft and crumbly as some of LUSH's other bubble bars, it is easy enough to break off a piece and crush it under the running water. You could also slice this bubble bar up into portions, as it's certainly enough for 3-6 baths. Using too much of this bubble bar at once can make it unable to dissolve and therefore cause a sandy 'grit' at the bottom of your bath, so make sure you are careful about how much you crumble in.

Once it's added, this bubble bar creates tons of soft bubbles, with soft, silky, moisturing water. It turns your bathwater bright orange, which is fun as well as relaxing. Luckily, it doesn't stain the sides of your bath or anything, and contains no hidden lustre or added 'bits', so won't clog your plughole or leave behind anything.

Although Brightside bubble bar is not usually the type of scent I would go for, I did enjoy it for something a little different, and it is good value for money. I would buy this again if I fancied a change and something citrusy, as I think it's one of their best citrus products.

7.5/10

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Nice review, would love to hear your thoughts on some of our bath bombs!? www.trinitevillage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to! I will check your site out.

      Julia

      Delete