Saturday 21 February 2015

Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar

When I was in Lush last week, I went to one of the shelves at the side of the shop, where there was several massage bars. I remembered trying out Wiccy Magic Muscles a few years ago, and not really enjoying it, but somehow I decided to give it another go and see if it had changed at all since Lush reformuated their bars to an aerated formula.

The shop assistant particularly recommended using this massage bar as a solid moisturiser as the oils in it would help my dry skin, and the beans in the bar were ideal for massaging legs and feet to help relax me before sleeping.

Wiccy Magic Muscles is a massage bar available from Lush's regular range and the first massage bar I ever tried. I decided to give it a go on a whim one day, while browsing the massage bars for the first time. The bar was wrapped in a paper bag and given to me.


When I took it home, I tried it out after I'd had a bath to put some moisture back into my skin. After massaging it in, taking care not to apply too much oil, my skin felt pretty tingly and warming. It felt a little different at first, but I imagine people with pulled muscles would appreciate the sensation which is very similar to using deep heat products.


I was a little skeptical about the beads, as I bought this bar a few years ago before Lush reformulated their massage bars, and they seemed to fall out immediately after first use. However the second time I bought this (last week), none of the beads have slipped out yet, and I have used the bar around five times.


The scent of this bar is quite a potent fusion of peppermint and cinnamon (with the peppermint coming out on top), so I would recommend that unless you like the smell, you either keep it in another room or go for another massage bar instead. I wasn't overly keen on the scent a few years ago, but now I actually quite like it. It is strong, and can be overbearing if overused, but a little of this bar goes a long way and it can be pleasant. It is also quite a unisex smell so guys could use this before/after exercising on sore muscles and enjoy it too.

Overall, I might buy this again when the one I am currently using runs out, but I look forward to trying other bars from Lush's range, such as Pearl, and Each Peach.




Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment