Sunday 22 February 2015

Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow palette in SEDUCTIVE

I am a huge fan of eyeshadow at the moment. I never used to really wear much eye makeup besides mascara, but now since trying the Revolution Redemption palette, I have been looking out all my old eyeshadows that aren't past their best-before date, and testing them out.

This is an eyeshadow quad I actually bought a couple of weeks before I got the Revolution palette. I am a fan of purple, and I was drawn to this particular quad because of the bright purple shade in the bottom left of the palette. I also noticed the other three more muted shades, and thought I would be able to create a variety of looks with the different colours available.

This particular quad is called SEDUCTIVE, and contains
- a shimmery, iridescent white
- a shimmery, pale lilac
- a matte, bright purple
- a slightly shimmery dark plum

Although many people have commented that the white and lilac shade are very similar, I think they create very different looks when worn separately. I tend to use the white shade to highlight my inner corner, while I use the lilac as a sheer 'wash' for my eyelid as a daytime shade when I don't want anything too smoky.

If you are unsure how to use this eyeshadow, Revlon have provided a guide for 1 look on the back of the packet, although obviously this is just a suggestion, and you can create any eyeshadow look you choose to.

I use the darkest plum shade as an eyeliner, either brushed on neatly, or blended for a more smudgy look. The purple is the hardest to work with in my opinion, but I either use it as an eyelid shade, blended well, or an eyeliner if I want something a bit different from the usual blacks/browns/greys. I am used to wearing blue eyeliner so purple isn't too unusual for me.


The texture of the eyeshadows is creamy, and although they claim to be 16-hour wear, I never keep my makeup on that long, so I can't comment if they last the full length of time. But I have worn makeup for around 12 hours on most days, and it has lasted well for me and didn't crease at all, even without a primer.

The packaging is plastic, but the glossy black colour and clasp make it feel a bit more high-end than the cheaper brands such as Rimmel and barryM.

The price is quite steep, at £7.99, and I'm unsure if I would buy it in any other colours as none of the other quads really appealed to me. However, I will enjoy this one, and when it runs out, I may buy again.

7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment