Thursday 19 February 2015

Rock Star soap

Every time I visit lush, I am always drawn to the big wheels and blocks of soap, they remind me of cheese counters. Picking out the perfect soap to try, having a piece sliced off and wrapped in greaseproof paper, then taking it home to enjoy.
Rock Star is part of Lush's permanent range, and although it isn't particularly fancy from the outside as a plain pink block with white star imprints, the smell is what drew me to this one, and it's remained one of my favourites since.
When your slice of rock star is cut, it is simply a plain pink block - if you're lucky, your piece may have  star imprint inside, although mine never has, but it doesn't affect the quality of the soap in any way
The scent of Rock Star soap is a girly, creamy, candyfloss mixture.  It smells of vanilla, with cotton candy, and just a subtle hint of coconut.  There is also a slight floral aroma, although it's very faint- this is more a gourmand type of aroma, rather than a flowery one.
If you enjoy creamy candy bubble bar, and the Christmas candy mountain bubble bar, you will be glad to know this shares the same sugary sweet scent.
As a hand soap or in the shower, this is quite a soft soap and lathers up nicely. The scent remains on your skin faintly but does last fairly well, although you will still need to moisturise afterwards as it can unfortunately dry your skin out.
As this soap is quite soft, left under the water it will melt and dissolve very quickly. My best tip for this is don’t handle it under the tap or the shower head for too long, and when you are finished, pat it dry and leave it in a cool, dry place.
For 100g of Rock Star soap, it costs £3.40
Overall, I love the scent of this soap, it is in my top 3 LUSH scents ever.  I just wish they'd re release creamy candy lotion and perfume which have the same scent, so I could layer it.
I would also recommend this soap for fans of Snow Fairy, because although it doesn't share the same scent (Regular product 'Godmother soap' has the Snow Fairy scent), it provides another take on the sugary sweet scents lush has to offer.

Rating- 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment