Tuesday 24 February 2015

Oatifix face mask

Note: Please be aware that what is suitable for my skin, may not work for you, and vice versa. All reviews of masks, cleansers and facial products are based on my experiences only.

When you go into lush, one of the first things you might see is a large tray of ice, with bowls of fresh face mask, surrounded by little black tubs of the different masks you can buy. This is Lush's fresh face mask selection. These face masks are blended with fresh ingredients, so must be kept in a fridge, and used up within 3 weeks.

Oatifix face mask is the first one I bought, after reading that the soothing butters and banana would nourish my skin, whilst the oats and ground almonds would act as a gentle scrub for the dry patches on my face. It sounded like a treat for my skin, and would hopefully be something that would become a regular part of my skin routine.

Oatifix is a soft, grainy, oily texture, with a beige colour- it looks a little different from the usual cream-based face masks you can buy, But it smells delicious, of porridge with maple syrup and honey added.

Applying Oatifix to your skin is a little difficult due to it's texture, it is best to do it over a sink incase you drop bits of the face mask. However, once you have applied it, the oils and butters in the mask help it stick.

You are supposed to keep this face mask on for 5-10 minutes. I found it didn't solidify and tighten on my face, but almost began to 'melt', it felt a bit more creamy once it had  been on my skin.

It felt a little tingly, but I expect this is because my skin is sensitive, and this mask wasn't specifically designed for sensitive skin. However, once washed off, my skin felt soft and nourished.

Although this face mask isn't my all-time favourite, it is one of the top ones available from Lush and I would highly recommend it.

8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment