Friday 27 February 2015

Porridge soap

We are all always told never to judge a book by it's cover, and I think this saying is a great example for this product. In fact, a number of my most favourite products from LUSH cosmetics aren't necessarily the ones which are particularly visually appealing.




Porridge soap is a gentle, exfoliating soap for sensitive skin, which is part of LUSH'S regular range, so is available all year round to purchase.It is full of oats and orange juice, which helps to nourish your skin whilst gently buffing away dead skin.

From the outside, it doesn't look particularly special- a beige block speckled with the oats contained within. It also has patterns carved into the top, but has no added extras such as glitter.

Porridge soap also has an amazing smell- this is possibly one of the best-smelling soaps I have ever had from Lush. It's scented with a gorgeous warm treacle aroma and reminds me of freshly made flapjack, It is sweet and comforting, without being sugary or candy-like. It is no secret that I am a fan of gourmand scented soaps and shower gels, and this is definitely up there within the top 5.

It lathers up especially well too in the hot water, and provides a good exfoliation. I have dry patches on my arms and after using this a couple of times, my arms feel softer and smoother with visibly less dry skin.

Because it is gentle, even when the bar has worn down and more of the oats are exposed, I didn't find it painful to use at all. I have tried exfoliating bars and creams before and usually they are too gritty and scratch my skin, but Porridge feels like it is nourishing your skin as well as providing an effective exfoliation. It is also super cleansing and leaves you feeling squeaky clean without your skin being dry or tight.

The only bad point I can make is that the lovely scent doesn't linger on your skin very long after rinsed off, however if you are planning to use perfume afterwards, this could be seen as a plus point as the scent of Porridge soap won't be able to clash with it.

Overall, I rate this soap very highly, and as it's one of LUSH'S cheaper ones, but provides an exfoliation as well as a cleanse, it is great value for money.

8/5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment