Friday 27 February 2015

Space Girl bath bomb

After I finished going to the hairdresser yesterday, I visited LUSH again and picked up one of their bath bombs that I hadn't tried in years, Space Girl. I first tried this bath bomb from their regular range around 6 years ago, when I was a brand-new customer to LUSH and wasn't sure what to try first

Space girl is a small fruity bath bomb in the shape of a UFO...it is definitely visually appealing and unusual with it's design. It is lilac in colour, and is also sprinkled with glitter. It's also topped with a deep pink/red powder, which is new. As far as I can remember, it only used to have the glitter on it.

Lush do claim this is one of the more budget bath bombs, and won't provide the visual effects that some of the higher priced ones do, but I still think it is a good buy for those who are just new to Lush, or maybe as a gift for someone when you aren't sure what type of smells they like, as this one is quite universally appealing.

Although space girl doesn't have a particularly strong scent, it is a nice one, with a grapefruit smell at the forefront, with slight berry undertones. It isn't particularly complex, but it is quite sherbety, without being too sour.

Once you drop it in the bath, it gets to work right away and pretty much dissolves within a minute or so. The deep pink on the bath bomb is the most noticeable shade, but the lilac beneath it also colours the water, to provide a slightly marbled effect. This doesn't last for long though, as the two colours merge together to create purple bathwater with flecks of glitter in it.

I didn't really hear the popping candy, but I can't imagine it really adds anything to the overall experience of this bath bomb, so I didn't really mind. Space Girl bath bomb softened the water though, making it feel luxurious and moisturising without being greasy. You still may need to moisturise after this bath, depending on how dry your skin is, however I did not.

The smell of Space Girl bath bomb did not linger on my skin for long, nor was I expecting it to, but given that it was a small bath bomb yet still managed to soften the water and nourish my skin, I am satisfied with it and would recommend it if you want to try it.


7/10




No comments:

Post a Comment