Sunday 22 February 2015

Snowcake soap

Snowcake was never really a soap that appealed to me when I first saw it in 2013. Although the design was simple yet pretty, with a solid white block topped with engraved patterns and gold lustre, I wasn't overly keen on the smell as it wasn't like any of my 'usual' sugary sweet candy favourites.

Fast forward a year, and when this became available again in the limited edition Christmas product selections, I decided after buying a slice of Yog Nog that I would have a look and smell of this soap again and see what I thought this time round.

I was intrigued with the smell of Snowcake, and pleasantly surprised at the soft, yet comforting almond aroma. It wasn't overpowering, but it was a nice change from the other soaps in the LUSH range that I buy, that can sometimes be quite strong. The scent reminded me of the marzipan used on Christmas cakes, and that along with the pretty design and creamy-looking texture persuaded me to part with my money for a couple of slices.

Snowcake is the easiest-lathering soap I have ever purchased from LUSH, it literally foams within seconds of massaging it across your skin, and doesn't need any help from a shower puff or sponge to help it. However, it is a soap which easily shrinks, so I recommend that you don't handle it under the water for longer than you need to, and after you have finished using it, rest it in a cool, dry place.

I found after using this soap, my skin felt clean, but it wasn't dry so it is obviously quite a moisturising, yet cleansing bar.

Although this soap is decorated in lustre, it doesn't end up on you, and after a couple of uses, it wears off and you are left with a simple, white bar of soap with no added 'bits',

Snowcake is a surprising favourite of mine, and I regret passing it by two years ago just because I didn't want to venture out of my comfort zone of scents and try something new. I will definitly pick up more this year if LUSH bring it back, and I hope they re-release their limited edition Snowcake shower gel- I've never managed to try it and it's something I would definitely be interested in.

8.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment