Thursday 19 February 2015

Blousey Shampoo


Lush do a large selection of shampoos and conditioners, so after having a look online at a few, I picked up the full size of Blousey- one of the most expensive, but highly recommended for dyed and damaged hair.
I have had bleached hair for around four years now, and have tried all sorts of different colours before settling for a bright blue (which I’ve had almost 3 years). Fortunately, my hair dye is conditioning, so doesn’t damage my hair too much, but the fact I have my roots bleached every 3 months, and I straighten my hair most days, means I have dry, easily tangled hair, that requires a lot of conditioning.
Blousey comes in a large tub, with a screw top lid. There are good and bad things about this packaging. It is good, because you can get every last scrap of product out of it, so you arent wasting money. But bad, because you can end up getting water in the tub when you are in the shower.
When you unscrew the tub, the smell is quite overpowering, and I must say…I’m not a fan at all. The scent is based on ‘English country gardens’, and is supposed to be a mixture of floral and berries. Some people often say they can smell bananas in this shampoo, but all I could smell was pickle. Overpowering gherkin pickle. It wasn’t great, but I decided to press on regardless, and see if it helped my hair.


As you can see by the picture, the colour and texture of the shampoo is a little odd, a brown/beige mix with banana seeds in it, but It lathered up well and was easy enough to rinse out.
I found that when I used this shampoo, my hair felt dry and tangly (more so than with other brands), and a hell of a lot of hair dye came out. After I rinsed it out, I had to use even more conditioner than normal.
I kept on using this shampoo, but I had to stop after around 6 uses, as too much of my dye was coming out and my hair was feeling damaged. I was prety disappointed by the performance of this shampoo, especially for the price.
This shampoo costs £18 for a 240g tub. I feel that it’s an expensive investment - make sure you try a sample before you buy the whole tub.
I am thinking of trying ‘fair trade honey’ by lush next, although after trying this and another lush shampoo that didn’t work for me, as well as a conditioner which wasn’t much use either, I am reluctant to part with more money for something that will potentially not work on my hair.
Rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment