Thursday 19 February 2015

Snow Fairy Sparkle massage bar



Snow fairy sparkle bar is a small bar in the shape of a pale pink fairy, it is quite small and chunky. I have only seen this bar two years running, and I’m unsure if it has been around longer. The 2014 design has slightly changed from last year, it is slightly thicker and a paler shade of pink. In the middle of the pink bar there is a soft core of shimmery white lustre.
The scent of this bar is what sets it apart from all the other Lush massage bars- it is scented with Lush’s Snow Fairy scent. This is a lovely bubblegum, cotton candy, sweet smell. It is very girly and quite a ‘foodie’ sort of scent. The bar is full of nourishing shea and murmuru butters to nourish and soften the skin.
The snow fairy scent is available in a few seasonal products, including massage bar, shower gel, bubble bar and bath bomb format, as well as in regular products ‘Godmother’ soap and bubblegum lip scrub, so you can layer up the scent, which is what I am planning to do.


Snow Fairy was also available as a limited edition perfume around two years ago, but I never managed to pick it up and I am not going to pay through the nose for a second-hand bottle from Ebay. The Snow fairy sparkle bar is a great little alternative to this, as the scent lasts a while and it can be rubbed along where you would normally spray your perfume and topped up when needed.
People have suggested squishing up the Snow Fairy massage bar so you can get a bit of pink bar and the glitter core on your skin, but I just rub the bar on my skin and wear it down. I don’t always get an even distribution of glitter but this doesn’t really bother me.
You can either use the Snow Fairy sparkle bar to give someone a massage or use it on yourself as a luxurious perfumed body moisturiser. This bar melts fairly quickly, Another good idea is using the leftover bit of your massage bar as a luxury bath melt, just put it in the bath water and allow the oils to disperse over the surface of the water.
Just make sure you keep the bar in a cool, dry place, as it melts quite quickly when exposed to heat and if you aren’t careful you could end up with a pool of pink glittery oil (I have made that mistake once!).
The bar cost £4.80 full price (I bought one full price), and then went to half price in the boxing day sale, where I bought four…seems a lot, but these are limited edition and I wanted to stock up until next Christmas!.
I recommend these and although the price is a little high, it’s a nice treat and would make a good stocking filler or secret santa gift.
Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment