Wednesday 25 February 2015

The Enchanter bath bomb

This is an old bath bomb that is no longer available, but it's my favourite LUSH product of all time, so I couldn't resist posting this review.

The Enchanter bath ballistic was a seasonal bath bomb available in the 2012 Halloween collection.
This bath bomb is massive, it is about the size of a cricket ball, and it bright orange with yellow swirls. It is actually ideal for Halloween, as it reminds me of a pumpkin in some ways from the colour and shape of it. I guess you could cut it in chunks or split it in half if you wanted to make it last, however I used it all at the one time.

When you smell this bath bomb, the smell is pretty much dominated by lime, and it's warm, citrusy and surprisingly sweet. I normally find with citrus smells they ‘wake you up’ more than relax you, however this, coupled with a hot bath, made for a relaxing experience, as it wasn't too overpowering and sherbety.

After dropping it in the bath, the visual effect of this bath bomb is possibly the best I have ever seen from a LUSH bath product. The colours slowly change as different layers of The Enchanter dissolve in the hot water
Slowly, it turns your bath water orange, yellow and then pink, and the colours swirl and marble together, and remind me of a sunset. It’s a beautiful effect and very pleasing on the eye. It does not make the bath overly bubbly, but the water and small amount of foam is soft and creamy. Even when the bath bomb has fully dissolved, the water stays a bright orange colour and the steam coming up from the hot water carries the lime scent throughout your bath.
I only managed to get 2 of these bath bombs. I was a lush ‘newbie’ at the time of buying it and wasn’t aware they were limited edition until I went back to buy one and they were gone. Apparantly Lush didn’t bring back the Enchanter, as a lot of complaints were made about the Bath bomb staining skin, or the edges of the bath. This didn’t happen at all with me, though.

Some people may sell their old Enchanter bath bombs through ebay or forums online, but please be aware that if you buy these, as they are 3 years old, they most likely will not perform as well as a fresh one.
The price was at the time was £3.50, which isn’t cheap but I think it is worth it and had no problem splashing out on one for a treat if I had some spare money. I would also like to try Calacas shower gel and jelly which also carry the same scent, but they have also unfortunately been discontinued too, I find this surprising as I see many LUSH fans obsessed with Calacas gel and jelly on instagram and LUSH forums.


The shop assistants always ask me what is my favourite product when I visit LUSH and I always insist the Enchanter. I just wish they would bring it back for Halloween this year, or even as a permanent product! 

Highly recommended.
10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment